Sunday 8 December 2013

The Colours of Christmas

The Colours of Christmas & the Traditions that ensue.

Christmas is only 15 days away! Are you organised?
Well I'd love to say that I am, however the truth is the complete opposite.
I have no idea that its even December! I'm in complete denial!
With spring turning into summer....Im soooo behind.
I'm really not ready yet for that End of year wind down.....Finalising things I have yet to finalise. 

And the truth is I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
I love the smell of the Christmas trees, I love decorations & wrapping prezzies, setting the table......
I love to see my children's faces & I love the feeling of christmas day & the chaotic present filled,wrapping paper piled high,wafting food smelling house & ok I must admit that starting the day feeling hung over due to lack of sleep (not even due to alcohol) is always a given & that afternoon naps are long gone as a mother...
But its such a magical day......& I will be organised I swear! Or Everything will be done last minute!

So lets talk about  -----"The Colours of Christmas"---------
Are you a Traditionalist
Do you have Red,Green &white?
Or a lover of Classically Elegant White & silver or Gold?
Or perhaps a little more modern & into Blue or Turquoise?
well  for me, we have had 2 trees every year for the last 8 years since we've lived in this house as we had 2 main rooms that we spend a lot of time in & 2 kids. so we let the kids have their own tress.(Now when I say their own trees,They weren't allowed to decorate them/touch them or decide on colours!!..ok so I'm a bad control freak mother,who's obsessed with the trees that came out of magazines I looked through as a child.
Its not really that bad as the kids were young & really didn't have more than about 5 min of enthusiasm of helping mum! anyway.
And as they have grown up I've allowed them to contribute more (under strict guidance). As a result of having 2 trees I have had the liberty of 2 colour schemes.
1 being Red & gold and the other being White & Sliver.
I was reading the other day that Mel from Georgica pond blog puts a little faux tree in each of her kids rooms(Great Idea!Love it!)
if the kids start to want colours that make me feel crazy, I'll just give them their own tree! done!
The one traditional thing that i do every year is take them to buy a special ornament, Just one really nice item to add to their tree. (in a co-ordinating colour of course).
This image is so cute,do you have Christmas pjs & do you dress the kids in Christmas pjs?
I have to say I love this idea....If I get the chance,Im going to do this this year as your always in your pjs on Christmas morning! 





Need to get myself an Hermes blanket! Which Colour??
Yeah now thats a dilemma!




LOVE!  LOVE ! LOVE! 

Our little Charlie (dog ) used to look this clean (pre baby) & pre lambs. This is charlie & the lambs.
What a disgrace to the Bichon frise breed. Oh well! 


Decorating the mantle at christmas is always fun! if you have one!


This is my fire place with stuff all over the mantle, none of it actually belongs there!














Christmas Fashion

What are you wearing on christmas day, do you go shopping just for an outfit for yourself or the kids? I have not always bought something new for myself & the kids however I have always dressed myself & my kids for our Christmas photo with santa ,we all wear white! and sometimes perhaps a splash of red.- Often very casual, but none the less co-ordinated-










Christmas food & drink:
starting with beautiful dinnerware

These are Kate spade







This is a cute idea!



What's a celebration without food & alcohol, In fact Im feeling inspired to start experimenting with some cocktails right now! or perhaps even a hot toddy on this lovely Melbourne rainy summers day.
Hope your festive lead up is coming along nicely..
LL








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...