Monday 23 December 2013

MY FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS THINGS

1 day till Christmas......

MY FAVOURITE christmas THINGS----- 

What I'm loving at the moment.....

If your in Melbourne & you love christmas music, but get a little sick of listening to the same CD's or downloaded music.
The radio station "Light FM" have a dedicated christmas station for the festive season & I'm loving it.
Their calling it "Light Christmas".
My kids love the music & I mean from my 13 yo down.....
And he's not easy to please when it comes to funky christmas music. Its got a bit of everything for everybody. So much better than trying to download all sorts of christmas music.
Its all been done for me.....
Heres the link:
http://lightfm.com.au/lightchristmas.

Came across these gingerbread kits from Thomas Dux....
LOVE IT!!
Anything that makes my life easier this year, I will more than welcome with a little 17mth old running around, who has time to bake? however I still like to know that If I have to purchase something pre made that its of the highest homemade standard.


 The final decorated product by my 11 yo daughter.......





It actually sat untouched for quite a few days until my 13 yo son  attacked it......& then well.....We all attacked it! YUM!

CHRISTMAS LUNCH....What's on your table this year?

Do you go down traditional path? or do you take on a more modern "Australian" take on the traditional christmas day Feast?
I have usually gone down the traditional path,with the hot roast dinner & plum pudding & I do love that.However this year I've decided to go a little different.
It will be Traditional meets newer Ideas, taking inspiration from Donna hay this year I'm doing her "cheats version" glazed ham.
So today I purchased my "Gucci" equivalent of hams!
I'll do roast potatoes & I will have roast turkey & gravy & am tying Donna hays little stiffing cups.....
I'll let you know what everyone thinks.



Its been an extremely interesting couple of days around here,Let me share.......



CHRISTMAS TREE TRIP....WE GOT LOST!!!

Yes we have been to the same christmas tree farm for quite a few years now (I refuse to disclose exactly how may,as that makes us appear even more stupid).
My son put in the directions into our iphones & of we go (in 2 separate cars mind you).....
Then finally after we had been driving for far too long, on the right road...however the road literally goes on forever & spans many many many suburbs.
WE ARE DRIVING TO NOTHING! How? Well, My son had not put the street number into the map, so we were driving towards a "Pin" on the map that was going nowhere, in fact I said to my daughter "I seem to be following an ever moving pin"---Oh Yes! I was bloody following an ever moving pin!!
GREAT! So I decide to break away from following my husband & go my own way......And after another 10 min of driving like a crazy woman cursing at everything I decided to STOP & gather my thoughts, Grab that damn phone,and start agin,so I re-entered the address (properly!) & what do you, know we have to go back the other way another 17min....
But, its Ok because at least now I have an actual destination,the baby is Finalllllllly asleep & we will have our tree in exactly 17 min!


CHRISTMAS PHOTO FIASCO

We all went of this morning with intentions to have our Christmas photo taken, however we never actually got their as the morning was a bit of a disaster & I was late to everything that I was suppose to be doing,so I gave up & said....... NO PHOTOS TODAY!!
Perhaps I will try again tomorrow.
Have a great Christmas Everyone if I don't get back to you before then!
LL.














No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...