Saturday 18 January 2014

Happy Holidays!


Happy Holidays!



I love the feel of the holiday's....bring on the wine & cheese!



How were your Christmas holidays?
Did you go away? We diddnt go away,we just hung around at home....We cooked (Ok so I cooked),we ate, we went on a picnic.
We had a few other things planned but then everyone got a cold.....and 1 by 1 mind you so it seemded to drag on forever!
So by the time everyone had recovered it was time for my husband to return to work.
I took a few pre christmas "hint" photos. The hint however was not taken. Oh well I might take it on as a post christmas shopping list!

I Love this,monochromatic look......



 I bought this one year in Noosa whilst on holidays & I've run out....It reminds me of our holiday everytime I smell it! (Perhaps I should go back to Noosa to purchase it??)




 Blueberry muffins....YUM....there were really good!
They are a Martha stewart recipe.
I love to harness my inner Martha...............

 





This is the start of Crepes...........
I've been making Crepes for years, & have perfected them! 
Lemon & sugar are a firm favorite in my house. 





 The clean up!!





Chorizio Frittata 




Our Picnic at the Botanic gardens, it was such a nice day, these ducks were so cute....


 I got to use my new picnic set, Its a set for 6 on wheels,it was really easy to use & made the whole experience even nicer as I had everyhting that I needed on hand. All I had to do was throw in the food & call into a bottle shop to purchse some white wine....





 Wine & cheese..........YUM!






So this was us for the holidays!

I still want to take the kids to the zoo,we havent been in years!
bring on 2014. 
What do you have install for this year, I dont really like to call them "New Year's resolutions" However upon doing a little research it seems There are other religious parallels to this tradition that go back in history and have quite a significant meaning to the starting of the new year with a clean sweep/a fresh start! a time to reflct & renew the Self!

 Through the High Holidays and culminating in Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement), one is to reflect upon one's wrong doings over the year and both seek and offer forgiveness. People may act similarly during the Catholic fasting period of Lent, though the motive behind this holiday is more of sacrifice than of responsibility, in fact the practice of New Year's resolutions partially came from the Lenten sacrifices.
The concept, regardless of creed, is to reflect upon self-improvement annually.
(An adaption from wikipedia)

We'll talk "New year's resolutions" next time!. LL



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...