Tuesday 17 December 2013

Whats your to do list looking like??

7 days till christmas:

Whats your to do list looking like??

In an order to completely divert your's & my attention away from all  things to do.

Heres what I've been up to:
Took stock of a new book 
"French Ties" by Jane Webster:




Not really sure when I'll get to read it,Its so pretty though.
I have her first book & loved it, perhaps I'll get a chance over the holidays!

I've ordered my christmas present for myself....

A new camera, I'm so excited,After SO MUCH research...No I'm kidding, In fact a girlfriend of mine who just purchased herself a new camera had just done all of the research so I just bought what she had & I mean exactly the same: 
I was ticking the boxes on the online order sheet like a pro :
1 camera base...Check!
1 extra lens.....Check!
1 SD card.....Check!
1 camera bag....Check! all done! 
Thanks to my darling friend Helen who did all the research,my present is on its way.


So lets get on with all things distraction:

Media Room makeover----

BEFORE PHOTO:


What a horrible before photo, sorry this was taken at night, however the room was pretty boring.
All I had done was paint the room, had the curtains hung & 2 mirrors & 2 sofa's. apart from that.... Oh and the ottoman that I had made. All of this was done quite a few years ago.
The buffet table under the TV is a relatively new purchase along with the side tables (you can see one lower R/H Side.)
The small white sofa that you can see the back of is temporarily in here, not really sure were that will go!

So far : 
These Floral cushions are a jumping off point for colours for this room as I just love them!

These Mirrors were originally in a gold ish/Bronze hue & I thought that I'd do something different with them......
After doing the painted furniture thought I'm kind of having second thoughts as I really like green & gold/Bronze look ......Oh well....too bad!! 



Mirrors Painted in Gris.

No wax yet, I'll be using the dark wax & that will bring back the antique character.

Bright Green??




Or Cobblestone?? Very poor first coat!!







I picked up 2 of these chairs from an antique shop in Malvern, I just need to use that green as I love it & as I've decided to use the blue on the console,these will be perfect!




Bright Green (1st coat)



Final Coat done...have not waxed yet!
I painted it this afternoon whilst doing this.....


DONE!! 




 I Know......I paint on the carpet,Well on cardboard,On the carpet.....SO NOT GOOD......But I'm so lazy that I just cant be bothered to even take the chair outside, however as theirs no smell, I really have no reason to take myself out of the comfort of my room!!



 I'm loving navy & green........


OK ....so I went with the cobblestone for the T.V Console & green for the chairs, I'm loving this fabric its a Navy flocked what do you think??



The power points need to be lowered above the console!!


So far this is were I'm at ! 

I'll need to do something with this wall to disguise the T.V.....

T.V's are so ugly, I could paint the wall black however I really don't like feature walls (Sorry!!!!).
I don't mind a wall done in a co-ordinating wallpaper (or stencil as the case may be) however I'm not a fan of one solid wall of colour that pops.

I've just ordered 2 more stencils,What the heck am I thinking as I declared that I would Stencil no more! after I did the office that is !! However the reality is that I cant really justify wallpaper as we will be moving in a few years & probably developing our land......and that means that the house will have to go!!
So hence the fact that stencilling is by far a cheaper option for a wall that may not be standing in a few short years.
I am thinking of using perhaps "Nearly Black" or "Bright Green" on this wall for the stencil to create a distraction from that BIG BLACK nuisance of a T.V!
We will have to see.......


I'm really loving these green fabric samples........I think that I'll use both the patterns on co-ordinating cushions for the sofa & perhaps the solid green as well (I've ordered some green cushions on-line & really not sure if they will go, a little bit of pot luck really!!) If not, this one will be fine.



I will keep you updated. Hope you have a great week 
 LL





1 comment:

  1. Oh Lisa,
    I think that you made the right decision with the cobblestone finish on your beautiful console. I can't wait to see the finished product! Nothing better than a room makeover. And I totally understand where you're coming from with the wallpaper if you're not going to enjoy it for the longer term. Decisions decisions...
    I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
    Donna ~ Hamptons Style.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...