Monday 30 December 2013

Christmas Day

Christmas Day

Well it all comes together despite pretty much leaving everything until Christmas Eve! I know....Crazy.....

Isn't this Devine? Perhaps I'll be this organised next year!




Christmas Eve:
I'd ordered a camera this year for my Christmas gift & on christmas Eve day my slip came to pick it up....I phoned the depot & they informed me that It was in their Warragul depot, that's about an hr drive from my house, however I really wanted my camera for Christmas Day, so I pilled everyone in the car & headed of, only to arrive to an unmanned depot. OMG!!!!.............. I was so angry, I phoned the number on the slip,telling them that I had just driven 1hr with 3 kids & a baby (I actually only have 2 kids & a baby!,however I was including my husband as one of the kids [He was shocked that I had included him as one of the children-Please!] in my ranting tirade)
Just as I hung up, a guy in a van pulls up-thank god! I ran to him like my life depended on it telling him my story.....He was actually really helpful & with my persistent coaching he phoned all the contact's he could think of and we located my parcel.
I organised to have my parcel left at my gate (risky I know, however I was desperate & we were now headed to have santa photos taken & do a last minute grocery shop, so I could not go home to wait for it).
So one nappy change & a little milk later (the baby,not me )back in the car we get & drive 1 1/2 hrs to our original destination,(before I took us on a wild goose chase). 
I really should know better than to just take someones word for it & never again will I be sooo trusting (yep this experience has really improved my people skills & positive outlook on life) Even the guy at the depot said I should have made them hold my hot little parcel in their hands,before I went off believing their word! Great system you've got!
Anyhow, on the bright side we stopped off on the way & had some horrible pies & sausage rolls from some little caffe/shop thing..
Grabbed some cherries (grown in the pristine mountain air & then sprayed to death with chemicals!That makes sense!).
All in All a wonderful drive





Christmas Tree Trimmings:

This was my daughters tree this year, she did it all on her own........
Sooo Pretty.


My Eldest 2 got roller blades for christmas & this is what they did all day in the house.............There were quite a few falls! OUCH!!





 Me on Christmas morning preparing the food......


Starting my glazed ham, courtesy of Donna hay.....It was Devine!
 I will definitely be doing this again next year.




Our Christmas table was a bit thrown together this year,nothing like the glamorous table setting above!.....Oh well, the Pièce de résistance is of course the food , wine & company of my family....& I had all that! I love roast potatoes...& have always made yummy ones,this year I followed Donna Hays process & These were the best roast potatoes eva! (I'm starving as I write this & on the menu tonight?......sandwiches I'm afraid! OH & homemade Vanilla Ice cream,that Ive just been reminded about, that's sitting in the fridge waiting to be churned)












Trifle was on the Menu for desert......This is my version of the one that my Nan use to make when I was a child. "Great memories".



It was a really enjoyable day, the kids had fun, the food was great...We had a Merry Christmas.
I definitely think that a new years resolution of mine needs to be better Christmas organisation so this may be on the cards for next year as this year was probably the most disorganised Ive ever been.
Ive declared that next year I'll be starting my Christmas planning in November........Well I guess that I'm accountable now,to you all. so that's a good thing (If I forget can some-one please remind me?)

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas period.
We have had a really nice relaxing time, I've done some baking!
We went on a picnic.....(I'll post this next week) & we still plan to take a visit to the zoo at some stage, & "Christmas Square" -its city square & its been turned into "Christmas square" its still on until the 2nd of January so perhaps well still go and take a look.

New Year's Eve:
We are having a stay at home new years eve. Just us!
and well you already know whats on the menu!  
Happy New Years Eve to you all. See you in the New Year!
LL.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...