Sunday 2 February 2014

My latest obsession with navy blue

I've started incorporating navy into my media room. 
I've always loved navy & white though, especially in clothes.
But I haven't really used it in my home decor a lot. I have a rug under my desk in navy blue & off white & I love it!

I have plans for these fabrics! I'll show you soon. 

These fabric are all premier prints: 

(If anyone's interested in them just let me know).









Premier Prints Towers Navy Blue

Premier Prints linked navy blue

Premier Prints Indoor/Outdoor Cadence Deep Blue

Premier prints houndstooth navy/ white


Navy  is Not just for nautical lovers, navy blue is timeless, elegant & sophisticated. It's both masculine & feminine and can be used to achieve both looks for a room.


Navy blue simply put......is classy. Whether you team it with gold/ bronze or silver/chrome accessories it doesn't matter, as it lends itself to both. 
I personally love to team it with silver/chrome.
However as you can see from the picture below the gold is amazing. 
It's the colour of choice for our police force here in Australia. The Navy and military have used it for centuries, as its regal, authoritative and commands attention.
So if your looking for your interior space to command attention then navy blue might be the colour of choice for your next project.

 This is soooo Elegant....The beautiful Grey/Blue wall the Glossy navy chest with its gold detailing & the fabulous leopard print carpet. By Larry Hooke Interiors in Seattle

Love the panel work

 Love this! the Navy/Grey walls with the patterned rug and accessories of orange are sublime. Its Quite restrained,but needs nothing Else

I think that perhaps this is my favorite image! 

I love the use of Silver/Chrome with navy


This is so soothing, I love the cute little chair,the rug and the white staircase


This is Emily Clarks living room, I love her blog if you haven't been over to have a look I highly recommend it!
http://emilyaclark.com/





Who can resist a collection of blue & white?

This is the Rancics outdoor area. I love this so much, it's so fresh & crisp







This China is beautiful. A must have to compliment your new navy room.

(All images via Pinterest)

Have you used Navy in your house? Perhaps on the walls or in Furniture or in accessories. Just a hint as an accent or a room that's undeniably navy?
What room have you used it in?
I hope you enjoy these images & have a great week.
I'm off to re-paint some chairs !
LL.

6 comments:

  1. I'm just starting and I find Your blog and Your work very inspiring :)
    All the best from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,lovely to hear from you.You are the first person to comment on my blog & I'm glad to hear you like it. I am aware that Autentico Chalk paint is in Poland,its such a wounderful product.Makes DIY so much easier!
      Regards Lisa.

      Delete
  2. Have just recently found your blog-I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful house and love the blog-I don't always comment but am loving it so far thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nola,
    Lovely of you to comment,thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made me LOVE navy with this post.
    x
    Sada
    www.forthelovecreations.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it stunning,I will definitely be adding navy to the Australian Autentico vintage chalk paint range......I already have projects in mind!
    LL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...